innfeed 'discover' and wish list

Todd Olson tco2 at cornell.edu
Thu Apr 21 16:18:15 UTC 2005

Hi Jeff

At 05:36 -0400 2005-04-21, Jeffrey M. Vinocur wrote:
>On Apr 21, 2005, at 12:04 AM, Todd Olson wrote:
>
>> a) I wish that changing the bindaddress and SIGHUP-ing did cause
>> innfeed to change the interface it used.
>
>For what it's worth, you can just kill innfeed outright (no HUP, no
>-9), and it will shutdown cleanly, exit, and then innd will
>automatically restart a new one.  `ctlinnd reload newsfeeds ...` will
>also cause innfeed to be restarted.

Ah!
I was wondering about that
Good to know

... I was not able to find anything about this in the documentation
  (though given my recent track record that could be my problem rather than the docs)
If it is not in the docs I think it should be added to both innfeed man page and ctlinnd man page

Regards,
Todd