ports/protocol through firewall

Bill Tangren bjt at aa.usno.navy.mil
Mon Apr 25 17:10:33 UTC 2005

I run an nntp server (inn-2.4.1 compiled from source), on a RHEL ES4
machine, behind a firewall (that I don't control). I have configured the
server to accept secure (SSL) connections on port 563. Access to this
server on this port behind the firewall works fine. I asked the firewall
admin to open port 563 for nntps traffic. He opened port 563 for tcp
traffic only. From outside the firewall, I cannot get access to the news
server.

Does anyone know if it is necessary to allow udp traffic as well for inn
to work over SSL?

Thanks!
Bill Tangren