setproctitle() and /usr/ucb/ps

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Dec 9 18:23:47 UTC 2005

Miroslaw Luc <mirecki at nask.pl> writes:

> Solaris 8,9; INN 2.4.
> setproctitle() does not work correctly with /usr/ucb/ps:

Hm, do we really want to go to this much trouble to support a weird and
semi-broken feature when using the obsolete version of ps on Solaris?  I
suppose you felt it was important enough to develop a patch....

Anyway, my main worry about this is that while all this may work on
Solaris, does it work on platforms other than Solaris?  In particular,
does this still work on Linux?