ovdb, no more flushing of log.xxxx

Christiaan den Besten chris at prolocation.net
Sun Dec 11 23:58:18 UTC 2005

Hi !

For the record, the 'problem' still exists ;)

It is somewhat 'detectable' whether the ovdb is 'stuck' or not .... when stracing the "ovdb_monitor: checkpoint" process the
following is valid:

- ok running checkpoint process -
[root at spool100 ~]# strace -p 2151
Process 2151 attached - interrupt to quit
setup()                                 = 0
time([1134345245])                      = 1134345245
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, [CHLD], [], 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGCHLD, NULL, {SIG_DFL}, 8) = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, [], NULL, 8) = 0
nanosleep({30, 0},  <unfinished ...>
Process 2151 detached
---

- not ok running checkpoint process -
select (x,x,x,x)
select (x,x,x,x)
select (x,x,x,x)
select (x,x,x,x)
select (x,x,x,x)
select (x,x,x,x)
---
( Sorry, don't have a valid dump for a broken ovdb ... )

I see this behaving once every couple of weeks on some of our servers. Usually during an expire when the overview is very busy. For
now I let the system check the 'last modified timestamp' of its log.xxx files. If it hasn't changed for 10 minutes, it sends out a
warning ;)

bye,
Chris