gnupg & pgpverify trouble (was: INN 2.4.2 testing release)

Christoph Biedl cbiedl at gmx.de
Sun Feb 6 12:44:09 UTC 2005

Russ Allbery wrote...

>   * pgpverify will now correctly verify signatures generated by GnuPG and
>     better supports GnuPG as the PGP implementation.

Upgrading my system (Debian sarge) I and others found pgpverify fails if
using gpg for verification of signed control messages. The reason for
this is appearently gpg which now looks for ~/.gnupg/trustedkeys.gpg
instead of ~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg. However, gpg was not changed so I
assume a different gpgv invocation in the new pgpverify version.

Copying or linking the two key files is at least a workaround, but: Has
this been documented anywhere?

    Christoph