Odd INN hanging problem

Jeffrey M.Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sun Feb 6 20:46:27 UTC 2005

On Feb 1, 2005, at 7:40 PM, Nathan wrote:

> I've just had an odd problem with INN hanging. It still accepted tcp
> connections, however upon connect did not send it's usual header and
> would just hang.

Next time it happens, try attaching to the running process with gdb and
getting a backtrace.

> Anyone know what would cause that "idle tearing down connection"
> message
> and how to prevent it?

That's not an error -- it's innfeed automatically opening more
connections when needed and closing the spare ones when traffic is
lighter.  (If you really wanted, you could limit it to one connection
per host, and then you'd never see that message, but I'm not sure why
you'd want to.)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org