innd 2.4.1 startup problem

Jeffrey M.Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Wed Feb 9 02:31:35 UTC 2005

On Feb 7, 2005, at 8:36 AM, Paul Reilly wrote:

> I've upgraded my news installation to 2.4.1.
> Since then, innd starts but just hangs.
> Can anybody spot whats going wrong here?
>
> (gdb) backtrace
> #0  0x08078338 in GROUPfind ()
> #1  0x080785a1 in buffindexed_groupadd ()
> #2  0x08075ece in OVgroupadd ()
> #3  0x08064ee1 in NGparseentry ()
> #4  0x080651c3 in NGparsefile ()
> #5  0x0805d304 in ICDsetup ()
> #6  0x0805ede8 in main ()

I don't quite know what the problem is.  What version did you upgrade
from?

The only thing that comes to mind is that -- given the above backtrace
-- perhaps you used such different ./configure options that the
overview files aren't compatible somehow?  If your spool is not too
large, you could try rebuilding overview with `makehistory -Ox`.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org