INSTALL file and mailer config

Bill Sellers w.a.sellers at LARC.NASA.GOV
Fri Jan 28 21:53:48 UTC 2005

I just downloaded inn-2.4.2 and installed it on my test system.   I
followed the INSTALL file, and found that the news.daily and error reports
were not being sent out.

I discovered there is no mention of configuring the mailer for news, in my
case, sendmail.  The news.daily reports and error reports are sent by
default to the "usenet" user, and not the "news" user.  A mention in the
INSTALL file to add the usenet user in the aliases file would be
helpful.  Something like:

/etc/aliases or /etc/mail/aliases
usenet:	news

Thanks,