Msg-Id:s

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sun Jul 24 23:32:40 UTC 2005

Bernt Hansson <bernt at bah.homeip.net> writes:
> Christoph Biedl skrev:

>> Yes. But I might have forgotten to tell that you shouldn't do that.

> Ok. If it's that hard i'll switch to diablo then.

INN doesn't support forcing replacement of client-supplied message IDs
intentionally, for similar reasons to why it doesn't support modification
of the body of the article or header modifications in the innd filter.
They're dangerous features, they're generally not necessary, and most
people who want to do things like that should think long and hard first.
If someone knows enough about what they want to want to force something
like this and know that it's safe, the source code modification is fairly
straightforward.

If Diablo wishes to support these sorts of feature and deal with the
resulting questions and problems, more power to them.  It's not like I'm
involved in maintaining INN for market share.  :)