Disabling (part of the) timers ?

Christiaan den Besten chris at prolocation.net
Mon Jun 6 13:40:52 UTC 2005

Hi !

Is it in anyway possible to disable (as much as possible) the 'timers' used in numerous places of inn and nnrpd. For a test I
disabled the (nnrp write)timer in nnrpd and let the other one (used to check for Client time-out) run once every 100 iterations. It
felt like
the nnrpd (1000 instances running on the server) used way less CPU.

Just stracing the inn process shows me numerous gettimeofday's ... are all of the necessary?, or am I mistaking in the overhead of
CPU power required for doing this systemcall?

( when our server is -realy- busy, we have disk I/O left, but 0% CPU from the Dual Xeon 2.8 cpu's ... )

bye,
Chris