Expire not working with svn 2.4-CURRENT?

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Jun 14 17:59:18 UTC 2005

Christiaan den Besten <chris at prolocation.net> writes:

> I do have groupbasedexpiry turned off, that's why I was wondering if
> 'expireover' had any use at all :) alt.binaries.nl has a pretty
> continuous incoming feed, so I would expect the cnfs spool to be
> overwriting 'old articles' all the time.. ?

> And indeed, we do not use '-N' anymore after we disabled
> groupbaseexpiry.

Okay, so the issue is that you think articles are being overwritten in the
CNFS buffer, but expireover doesn't seem to think any articles need to be
removed from the overview?  For that, you don't need to use -N.

expireover should, for each article in overview for the group, check to
see if the article is still in the spool (by statting the article) and
then remove it from overview if it doesn't.

So the first thing to check is to see whether the first article in
overview for that group is still retrievable.