all tradspool messages unavailable after makehistory

Jarle Aase jgaa at jgaa.com
Tue Jun 28 08:37:01 UTC 2005

Hi list,

I had a problem tonight where the history file hit the 2G limit and
killed innd. After running makehistory, the file shrunk to 1.5G.

The server is configured to store most of the messares in cycbuffs. But
some important groups are stored in tradspool. After running
makehistory, the messares in cycbuffs are OK, while /all/ the tradspool
messages gives a "423 Bad article number" error to the client. The
messages are still present in /var/spool/news/articles/*"

Makehistory generated /lots/ of messages like the ones below:
Jun 28 11:38:17 localhost makehistory[7543]: tradspool: can't determine
class: @050000009CD10000066D0000000000000000@: Bad article handle

Question:

   How do I get the messages from tradspool back on-line?

I'm Running Debian GNU/Linux stable on a Intel Pentium 4 machine with 1
GB physical ram. Inn version 2.4.2.

Jarle
Jarle Aase                      email: jgaa at jgaa.com
Author of freeware.             http://www.jgaa.com

War FTP Daemon:     http://www.warftp.org
War FTP Daemon FAQ: http://www.warftp.org/faq/warfaq.htm
Jgaa's PGP key:     http://war.jgaa.com/pgp
NB: If you reply to this message, please include all relevant
information from the conversation in your reply. Thanks.
<<< no need to argue - just kill'em all! >>>