all tradspool messages unavailable after makehistory

Jarle Aase jgaa at jgaa.com
Tue Jun 28 20:01:39 UTC 2005

tir, 28,.06.2005 kl. 09.21 -0700, skrev Russ Allbery:
> Jarle Aase <jgaa at jgaa.com> writes:
>
> > I had a problem tonight where the history file hit the 2G limit and
> > killed innd. After running makehistory, the file shrunk to 1.5G.
>
> I wouldn't have recommended that, but oh well.
>
> > The server is configured to store most of the messares in cycbuffs. But
> > some important groups are stored in tradspool. After running
> > makehistory, the messares in cycbuffs are OK, while /all/ the tradspool
> > messages gives a "423 Bad article number" error to the client. The
> > messages are still present in /var/spool/news/articles/*"
>
> > Makehistory generated /lots/ of messages like the ones below:
> > Jun 28 11:38:17 localhost makehistory[7543]: tradspool: can't determine
> > class: @050000009CD10000066D0000000000000000@: Bad article handle
>
> This means that INN used the newsgroups to which the article was posted
> to, tried to match them against your storage.conf, and found no matching
> entry in storage.conf.  You'll need to fix your storage.conf configuration
> and run makehistory again.

Do I have to use the -O option to rebuild the overview as well?

Jarle
Jarle Aase                      email: jgaa at jgaa.com
Author of freeware.             http://www.jgaa.com

War FTP Daemon:     http://www.warftp.org
War FTP Daemon FAQ: http://www.warftp.org/faq/warfaq.htm
Jgaa's PGP key:     http://war.jgaa.com/pgp
NB: If you reply to this message, please include all relevant
information from the conversation in your reply. Thanks.
<<< no need to argue - just kill'em all! >>>