CNFS block size?

Forrest J. Cavalier III mibsoft at epix.net
Fri Mar 18 13:36:58 UTC 2005

Tony Mills wrote:
> Hi All,
> To increase the CNFS blocksize (reducing the size the vector bitmap) is it just a case of increasing the CNFS_BLOCKSIZE variable in cnfs-private.h to a different value?

Yes, that is what I meant.  You will have to start the spool, history, and overview from scratch
because those files keep track of CNFS block indexes, not file offsets.

The amount of memory used by bitvectors is a function of the total
spool size.  For example, 25 cycbuffs of 2gb each will require the same
as 1 cycbuff of 50gb.