nnrpdcheckart speedup possible?

Jeffrey M.Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Mon Mar 28 05:26:55 UTC 2005

On Mar 27, 2005, at 1:39 AM, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Now, I don't know whether there's a configuration setting that'll
> just fix up the .DAT NOV file when a cancel arrives.

There's not, sadly.  I believe Russ has thought about how to add it,
perhaps he can make suggestions if you're interested in coding.

> Perhaps something that reads the directory, and then reads the .DAT
> file and weeds out the articles that aren't there any more?

Well, that's expireover, in essence.

I'm assuming your question is how to make cancelled articles vanish
more quickly than waiting for the nightly news.daily run -- if your
articles are remaining indefinitely, then something is up with your
expireover.  (Also, note that you can run expireover more often than
daily, if that helps you any; it still won't provide instant response,
though.)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org