move articles to another server

"Miquel van Smoorenburg" list-inn-workers at news.cistron.nl
Tue Oct 25 23:02:56 UTC 2005

In article <20051016085533.GA69302 at jdevoff.zssm.zp.ua>,
Eugeny N Dzhurinsky  <eugenydzh at jdevelop.com> wrote:
>On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 03:09:15AM +0800, Gea-Suan Lin wrote:
>> It's in FAQ:
>> http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/inn.html#S6.4
>
>Okay, I read this and I feel like I asked wrong question.
>I have archive of articles from old server, and I just installed INN on new
>server. I don't have access to old server now, but I still want to "import"
>all groups with messages from this directory. Is it possible at all?

First you should create a valid active file with all the
newsgroups you want to carry - that should not be a problem,
I guess.

Then you can follow the advice in the FAQ, but instead of using
the perl and innxmit stuff, just use 'rnews < articlefile' for
each article to post it locally.

Mike.

Reply to the list or to "Miquel van Smoorenburg" <miquels at cistron.nl>