INN feed autonegotation

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Mon Oct 31 10:58:22 UTC 2005

* Kristian Köhntopp:

> I propose a better, in-band solution and want to hear what you
> think about this. That solution is a NNTP extension, perhaps as
> an extended answer to "MODE STREAM" or as a separate command
> such as "FEEDPARMS" or "FEEDPARMS pattern|max-connections|
> article-size".

Maybe it would be better to transfer headers and bodies separately,
and wait for confirmation before transferring the body.  This way, the
receiving and can decide if it wants to receive the body.  It won't
help to significantly reduce traffic for misfed discussion
hierarchies, though.

If you want to exchange filtering rules, at least use some existing
standard like RFC 3028 to describe the filters. 8-)