INN 2.4.3 running well

Toon van der Pas toon at hout.vanvergehaald.nl
Mon Apr 3 08:16:28 UTC 2006

Hi,

Sometimes it's nice to get some positive feedback too.
Our news server is silently humming along with INN 2.4.3,
no noticable problems so far. Thanks!

This is a news server with a traditional newsspool, tradindexed
overview database, and with secure NNTP and authentication through
radius for newsreaders outside our own domains.
It's running the Gentoo Linux OS.

A problem that remains after the upgrade:
- news.daily virtually takes forever (currently about 17 hours), the
  performance of expireover and expire leaves a lot to be desired

Regards,
Toon.