expire.ctl question

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Tue Apr 25 14:51:56 UTC 2006

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Gary Lopez wrote:

> Whenever I run news.daily, my articles expire. The problem is I never
> want them to and so I have to run a "makehistory -O" every time to make
> them visible again. The setting in my expire.ctl for that newsgroup is
> as such:
> catapult.group1:A:never:never:never
> catapult.group2:A:never:never:never

I'm a little confused here.  If expire truly is expiring the articles,
they'd be gone from the disk entirely and you wouldn't be able to make
them reappear simply by rebuilding the databases.

I'm assuming you're using tradspool storage and tradindexed overview, but
please say so if that's not the case.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org