INN 2.4.3 released

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sun Mar 26 18:36:15 UTC 2006

Toon van der Pas <toon at hout.vanvergehaald.nl> writes:

> Much to my surprise the libraries in /usr/local/news/lib turned out to
> look like below (hint: some links are still pointing at .OLD libs):

Yeah, this is a long-standing known problem that I've never been entirely
sure how to fix.  One thing that I've considered is changing INN's install
program to call the old file OLD.innd (for instance) instead of innd.OLD.
Another possibility would be to drop the whole OLD thing entirely; few
other packages do that.  A third possibility would be to not create the
.OLD backups for the shared libraries alone, although I'm not entirely
sure how to do that cleanly.