INN 2.4.3 released

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Mar 27 23:37:19 UTC 2006

Russ Allbery wrote:

>Christoph Biedl <cbiedl at gmx.de> writes:
>

>>In case you'll do that: Don't create .OLD for the manpages neither.
>>Although messages like
>>| man: warning: /opt/news/feeder/man/man1/rnews.1.OLD: ignoring bogus filename
>>do no harm, they are confusing.
>>

>Okay, does anyone out there really like the .OLD thing and are relying on
>it to be able to roll back an upgrade?  I don't, so I have no idea if this
>is something that's really worth preserving.

Yes and no (respectively). I like being able to compare the OLD and
current files in some cases. I won't argue whichever way you go, but I
don't have any use for .OLD as fallback, and if you only did it for test
files I wouldn't find it on bit less useful. In theory you might compare
things in the binaries, but in practice I never have.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO TMR Associates, Inc