binary content.

Christoph Biedl cbiedl at gmx.de
Wed May 31 15:12:46 UTC 2006

Bjorn Hellqvist wrote...

> Is it possible to split the binaries in to a different metaspool by
> message type instead of groups?

I'm afraid you cannot. You can however use the size of an article to
choose the storage.

> Another feature that would be nice is to be able to just stamp the
> articles that are binary just to the binary group when crossposted.
>
> Like if a binary is crossposted into alt.binaries.test and alt.test, I
> still want it to be shown when looking it up at alt.binaries.test, but
> cant be seen at alt.test.
>
> AFAIK, you cant do that with cleanfeed. Then again it where some time ago
> I looked at it.

The filter_innd.pl interface is rather simple. Basically it returns a
boolean value whether to accept an article or not. I've had plans to
replace it by an tagging engine that allows to assign "attributes" to an
article which can be used for several purpuses: storage, re-distribution
(i.e. feeds), access for certain nnrpd reader access groups only.

This would also allow the features you're asking for. But that's nothing
more than an idea at the moment.

    Christoph