Patch: remove nntp protocol constants from include/nntp.h in inn-CURRENT-20061121

Adam J. Richter adam at yggdrasil.com
Wed Nov 22 15:01:38 UTC 2006

	There a couple of other points about this patch that I forgot
to mention in my previous email.

	Firstly, the point of the patch is move a step closer to
eliminating include/nntp.h, doing what is probably the messiest
part of the switch.  Sorry for forgetting to mention why I wanted
to make the patch.

	Secondly, I should mention how the patch was made.  I made
a shell script to replace the names based on matching the numeric
values defined in include/nntp.h and include/inn/nntp.h.

	The cases where multiple symbols were defined the same number
were handled as follows (and I checked that this is all of them):

Value	Old symbol		New symbol
100	NNTP_HELPOK_VAL		NNTP_INFO_HELP
100	NNTP_HELP_FOLLLOWS_VAL	NNTP_INFO_HELP

239	NNTP_OK_RECID_VAL	NNTP_OK_TAKETHIS
239	NNTP_OK_XBATCHED_VAL	NNTP_OK_XBATCH

481	NNTP_AUTH_BAD_VAL	NNTP_FAIL_AUTHINFO_BAD
481	NNTP_XGTITLE_BAD	NNTP_FAIL_XGTITLE

436	NNTP_RESENDIT_VAL	NNTP_FAIL_XBATCH	in backends/innxbatch.c
436	NNTP_RESENDIT_VAL	NNTP_FAIL_IHAVE_DEFER	everywhere else

	Also, the string symbol NNTP_CONT_XBATCH in include/nntp.h was
renamed to NNTP_CONT_XBATCH_STR to avoid contlict with the integer
symbol of same name in include/inn/nntp.h.  The only reference to it,
in innd/nc.c, was also updated.

	Hopefully this information will make the patch slightly easier
to review.

Adam Richter