-T option to actsync in INN 2.4.3 doesn't work

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Tue Oct 17 12:36:50 UTC 2006

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Mike Brudenell wrote:

> Could I take a liberty and briefly ask your advice about something
> else?

keep everyone else involved; in the future there (or news.software.nntp)
are the places for such things.

> [ just moved from INN 2.1 CNFS to INN 2.4.3 CNFS/buffindexed ]
>

> > expireover start Tue Oct 17 00:00:54 BST 2006: ( -z/usr/local/news/
> > log/expire.rm -Z/usr/local/news/log/expire.lowmark)
> > Can't unlink @03016362303200000000001E5FA900000001@: read only
> > storage api
> > Can't unlink @03016362303200000000001E754800000001@: read only
> > storage api
> > Can't unlink @03016362303200000000001E87EB00000001@: read only
> > storage api
> >     ... and LOTS more lines like this ...

Well, that's definitely not supposed to be happening!  There two funny
things to my mind, one of which is that nothing should really be expired
under CNFS until it rolls over itself, and the other is that if something
really does try to delete an article early, it should work without
difficulty.

I'm not even sure where to start investigating, but can we see your
storage.conf and expire.conf?  And for humor value, there's a handy little
utility that will confirm for us that these are CNFS articles in question;
go into your INN source tree (not the installed home directory, but the
original source), and run

    echo @03016362303200000000001E87EB00000001@ | perl contrib/showtoken.in

on a couple of the storage tokens from your news.daily report.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org