Which Berkeley DB version to use with inn-2.4.3 and ovdb?

Panagiotis Christias p.christias at noc.ntua.gr
Mon Sep 11 21:12:36 UTC 2006

hello,

we are about to upgrade our long-standing news server (inn-2.4.0 with
ovdb and berkeley db-4.0) to the latest release (2.4.3). We are going
to use again ovdb and I am wondering what would be the best choice of
berkeley db version to use with it. bdb-4.0 worked fine but currently
in our new servers, running FreeBSD 6.1, we use mostly bdb-4.3 in the
applications that require it (sendmail, milters, openldap etc.).

Any suggestion or hint?

Thank you,
Panagiotis

--
Panagiotis J. Christias    Network Management Center
P.Christias at noc.ntua.gr    National Technical Univ. of Athens, GREECE