SNAPSHOT

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 12 16:46:13 UTC 2006

The Doctor <doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> writes:

> Why no new SNAPSHOTs since 20060908 ?

Last night snapshot creation was successful.  I suppose I could send the
failure logs to this mailing list.  Normally it's either a bug in some
patch that was committed or a change in compilers or development
environment on the system that generates the snapshots that causes make
warnings to fail.

In this particular case, a new version of gcc 4.1 exposed a bug in the
glibc sys/wait.h header that caused the W* macros to fail to compile if
applied to an int member of a const struct.  I worked around that bug
yesterday.