Art size logging

F. Senault fred.letter at lacave.net
Wed Sep 13 22:03:01 UTC 2006

Hello.

While I'm trying to obtain interesting stats from my server, I found
another interesting tidbit : it looks like INN is now logging
differently duplicate and rejected counts.  But there's a little
inconsistency [1] :

> seconds 1 accepted 0 refused 47 rejected 3 duplicate 3
>         accepted size 0 duplicate size 3057 rejected size 0
> seconds 4 accepted 0 refused 104 rejected 17 duplicate 17
>         accepted size 0 duplicate size 18455 rejected size 0

As you can see, the rejected count includes the duplicated count, but
the sizes are computed separately, which is, IMHO, confusing.

I'd offer this patch, lightly tested :

http://news.lacave.net/inn/stats.diff

Basically, I try to increment Rejected at the same places that
RejectSize is modified.  On the other hand, there is a place where I
didn't know if it had to be touched, and there are two counts in the
xbatch processing part that increment the counts without touching the
size, but I haven't the slightest idea of how xbatch works.

By the way, I was also testing another patch in the stats reporting
area, which I posted some time ago on nsn newsgroup :

http://news.lacave.net/inn/status.diff

It's been tested, and works as advertised.  Any thoughts on it ?

TIA !

Fred
[1] : Yes, I have some dysfunctional peers...  :)
--
People like us       Know how to survive      There's no point in living
If you can't feel the life                          We know when to kiss