Concurrent readers

F. Senault fred.letter at lacave.net
Tue Apr 17 08:21:12 UTC 2007

> Hello all!

Hi.

> Can you tell me if I've missed something ? Are there
> "max_connections_per_ip" or something like that ?

If you are talking about readers (not feeds), I don't think so.
If there is, I made a script for nothing...  :)

I've built that in an authenticator script, for a setup entirely based
on user/password access.  It can easily be adapted for other schemes,
I think.

http://news.lacave.net/inn/auth_rate.pl

It's rather crude (it makes a 'ps' to scan the process list for the
host name), but it works fairly well.

Cheers,

Fred
--
- The upper classes are morally superior and you don't need to actually
regulate them unless they commit some horrible social blunder like