innfeed segfaults on NULL buffer in getBanner() - mine too..

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Tue Aug 7 12:10:17 UTC 2007

En réponse à Russ Allbery" :
>> Is it normal? (with 'make warnings')
>
> Yes.  I only quashed all the warnings in trunk; the changes to STABLE were
> too invasive and without obvious benefit.

I have just tried to build CURRENT there.
The platform is an amd64 (FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE) with gcc 3.4.6 20060305.

I have 6 warnings:

lib/innconf.c:701: die("internal error: invalid type in row %d of config table", i);

storage/timecaf/caf.c:1624: printf("Am  cleaning %s: Free=%d (%f%%) %s\n", path, head.Free,
               percentfree, toc_needs_expansion ? "(Expanding TOC)" : "");

innd.c:191:        syslog(LOG_WARNING, "SERVER shutdown received signal %d",
               killer_signal);

nc.c:969:         syslog(L_NOTICE, "%s internal rejecting too long command line (%d > %d)",
          CHANname(cp), i, NNTP_STRLEN);

batcher.c:106:
    notice("batcher %s stats batches %d articles %d bytes %lu",
           Host, BATCHcount, ArtsWritten, (unsigned long) BytesWritten);

--> It needs %lu and (unsigned long) for: i, head.Free, killer_signal, i and ArtsWritten.

endpoint.c:234: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
      if (fd >= FD_SETSIZE)

--> It needs (unsigned int) for fd.

Do you think I should patch CURRENT for that?

By the way, is it possible to have such warnings on another platforms?  (I do not
have them with my Debian Etch on a i686 server and gcc 4.1.2 20061115.)

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Il y a des sciences bonnes dont l'existence est nécessaire
  et dont la culture est inutile. Telles sont les mathématiques. » (Joseph Joubert)