INN commit: trunk (backends/actsync.c doc/pod/actsync.pod)

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 10 16:56:44 UTC 2007

> Hm, there are not always there.
> If for instance I look at frontends/feedone.c, I read:

[...]

> And that's all.

> Normally, mesgid will be automatically freed at the end of the function
> but even so, should we explicitly call free()?

A lot of the simple programs in INN that contain no loops don't bother to
free their memory.  I think it's good style to add the frees anyway, since
among other things we may eventually want to run that code in a loop, but
it's not worth going to a lot of contortions to do so.  (innd, for
example, allocates various global structures on startup, and there's
probably no reason to try to arrange to free them on shutdown.)