enhance checkgroups handling

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Tue Aug 14 13:13:14 UTC 2007

En réponse à Todd Olson :
>>Do you think the limit should be hard-coded in controlchan or a variable
>>in inn.conf?  ("maxdocheckgroups: 5" for instance to allow 5 new/rmgroups).
>
> I vote for variable in inn.conf

Another possibility would be to use control.ctl for such variables
(in an expire.ctl way for instance):

/maxdocheckgroups/:5

Note that it could also be useful for encodings since, as we discussed
long ago (but I only proposed "encoding:" at that time), it would be
great to have a good encoding for the newsgroups file.
It would be possible to have something like:

# If there is only a colon, it sets the encoding wanted for the newsgroups file.
/encoding/:utf-8

# If there are two colons, it sets the encoding of incoming control messages.
/encoding/:*:cp1252
/encoding/:cn.*:gb18030
/encoding/:fido.*:utf-8
/encoding/:fr.*:iso-8859-15

(cp1252 works better than iso-8859-1 for all hierarchies, since it is an extension.)

--
Julien ÉLIE

« C'est une liqueur de grain distillée en Calédonie. » (Astérix)