Better paths in documentation

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Mon Aug 20 08:51:20 UTC 2007

En réponse à Russ Allbery :
>> Their man pages should perhaps be generated from the .in files.
>
> Yes, they should be generated from the .in files.

Done (as well as for send-uucp.in).

>> Do you reckon that stuff like I<pathetc> should be kept or converted to
>> the right path (which would perhaps speak better to the reader)?
>
> Anything that can be configured in inn.conf should probably still use the
> inn.conf option names.

But then, where full paths should be used?  Only in "scripts" or samples?
Otherwise, it would also be possible to write:
    su -news -c <pathbin>/rc.news

And there would be no need for .in POD/man pages.

> It's a good idea to document the additional control and data files used,
> using the files syntax of:
>
> =head1 FILES
>
> =over 4
>
> =item F</usr/local/news/etc/nocem.ctl>

By the way, I have always wondered what was the best writing for
F<I<pathetc>/active> or F<< <pathetc>/active >>, or..?

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Oublie les injures, n'oublie jamais les bienfaits. »