Can post from thunderbird but not from telnet or php

Samer Bechara farrooda at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 18:24:21 UTC 2007

Ok thanks,
now I am able to post through telnet by sending MODE READER command first.
but the problem in my code is that I am using a pear library which I don't
want to change
http://pear.php.net/package/Net_NNTP
My question is how can I get around this problem , since my news server is
local and is only fed locally.
I just want to set it up for my final project .
I read that innd forks  nnrpd  to handle all connections, except locally.
How could I have innd handle my posts?