inn 2.4.3 segfaults in certain incoming.conf situations

Marc Haber mh+inn-workers at zugschlus.de
Wed Jun 27 06:08:35 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 07:15:25PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 09:55:17AM -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> > The code doesn't change, the incoming.conf doesn't change, therefore
> > something else does. It could be hardware related, it could be timing
> > related (unlikely), or it could be DNS. DNS is probably the easiest
> > thing to check.
>
> Will do.
>
> $ sudo tcpdump -i eth0 -s 2000 -w tcpdump.dns tcp port 53 or udp port 53
> tcpdump: listening on eth0, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 2000 bytes

I have tcpdumps of inn reloading incoming.conf yesterday and today.
Yesterday, it continued running, today, it crashed. In both cases, it
sent out the same set of DNS queries and received the same set of
replies (tcpdumps available on request). Everything happened in like
two seconds, so I do not suspect any DNS timing issues or timeouts.

Greetings
Marc