SV: Help of INN doing by errlog

Gert Koefoed Andersen gert at kofo.org
Tue Nov 6 22:52:28 UTC 2007

Hi Julien.

> >> Nic.near.net\
> >> :*,!junk,!control,!control.*/!foo\
> >> :Tm:Innfeed!
> >
> > Ok, Just first put a new line under nic.near.net and then
> had comment
> > the line :Tf,Wnm: and this got my innd to not work so I make 3 new
> > lines for nic.near.net and comment to old ones out and
> restart innd and it work then.
>
> Oh, yes.  I also fell in the trap once :)
>
> I used something like:
>
> # another peer for which I can add fr.*\ news.server.com\
> :!*,france.*\ :Tm:innfeed!
>
> And I did not understand why articles were never sent to that peer.
> It was in fact because everything was commented (the "\" at
> the end of the comment extends it to the following lines!).
>
> Very vicious :)

I could like to have some some of the articles I for from my isp peer to be
copied over to some special newsgroups, like linixnet.linux.gentoo
linuxnet.linux-debian etc. And like the alt.christian.* alt.christnet.* and
genealogy articles to rmini.* groups I have on my inn

I have last line and command in my newsfeed as this:
Fidogate\
	:!*,ftn.*,kofo.*,fido.*,linuxnet.*,rmini.*\
	:Tf,Wnb:fidogate

It is a special program there gate some articles from and to inn by packing
the articles with arc files.

> > I have then made a new directory as /var/log/news/path with
> permission
> > as news.news rwx r-x r-x (0755)
>
> All right.  Does it work now?  Other problems in your errlog file?

It look now like the errlog file is empty.
I have in my news crontab this command:
6 6 * * *		/usr/lib64/news/bin/ctlinnd flush inpaths!
And some command there run ctlinnd flush fidogate each hour and the program
fidogate there run som gate each 20 minutes.

--
Gert Andersen