moving towards innfeed for sending outbound news

The Doctor doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
Wed Nov 7 13:55:39 UTC 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 07:40:41PM -0500, Jeffrey M. Vinocur wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, The Doctor wrote:
>
> > [ many quoted lines ]
>
> Try to trim quoted text to only the amount necessary.
>

> > It is taking about 10 to 20 minutes for INN to restart.
>
> I would do `tail -f news.notice` while restarting INN to try to figure out
> what takes up the time.  My guess is that you have hostnames with broken
> DNS in incoming.conf and INN is stalling trying to resolve them.

You were correct.

Turns out 2 of the nameserver IP were incorrect in resolv.conf .

The upstream forgot to tell me that they changed named servers.

all is resolved except for

nnd: Reserved "Expiring process 26091"
Error log:
overchan: timings 95513 arts 1705929 of 39615259 ms
overchan: timings 1216 arts 18600 of 830544 ms

And it seems to be stuck.

Suggestions?

--
Member - Liberal International
This is doctor at nl2k.ab.ca	Ici doctor at nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
Voting Canadians vote anyone but Harper Cronies!!

believed to be clean.