Solaris 10 and auth_krb5

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 20 20:55:16 UTC 2007

Donald Roeber <droeber at isc.upenn.edu> writes:

> Has anyone had any success compiling INN 2.3.4 on Solaris 10 with
> Kerberos support?  The kerberos libraries are installed as part of the
> standard system install, but INN doesn't seem to be picking them up.
> Any ideas?

Solaris 10 doesn't ship headers or export the actual Kerbeors API, only
the GSSAPI API, which isn't sufficient for what INN is trying to do.
However, I wouldn't recommend using auth_krb5 at all, and eventually we
should probably just drop it.  Use ckpasswd with PAM support instead,
along with a Kerberos PAM module.  auth_krb5 doesn't really do the right
thing, and since there are lots of Kerberos PAM modules out there
(including one that ships with Solaris 10), there's really no reason to
reinvent the wheel.