Innfeed assertion -- cxn?

William Kronert wkronert at sunstroke.sdsu.edu
Wed Oct 3 09:57:21 UTC 2007

At 07:50 PM 10/2/2007, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>William Kronert wrote:
>>My latest Googling did not reveal any conclusions or fix's for:
>>innfeed: assertion -- cxn != NULL -- failed in file connection.c line 1276
>>
>>Is there are any updates on this bug?
>>I am running INN 2.4.2 and generating about 20 of the above messages per day.
>>
>>I must admit even though people state this isn't really a problem,
>>I am frustrated by the amount it is happening to our server on a
>>daily basis.  We went a long time without this problem.  It wasn't
>>till I had added a lot of additional feeds that this problem started to occur.
>>
>>Is there any stable version of INN that has fixed this bug?  If so
>>what version and where can I obtain it?  What might be the easiest
>>way to update an rpm of INN 2.4.2 to what ever version has fixed this bug?
>>

>I have not found an RPM from any vendor which I would use. That's an
>observation, not a solution, building from source will not solve
>your problem, it just lets you do things the way you want instead of {vendor}.

Though I won't disagree with your general observation concerning an
INN rpm I will mention and clarify that this rpm has been running
very stable for the past 3 years without any problems.  When the rpm
was first installed 3 years ago, it was tested for some time before
going live with it.

It has proven very stable and dependable.  The "assertion" bug is not
an rpm specific bug but a bug at the source level.  As I mentioned
above, I don't disagree with your observations.  This brings me to
the more curious question.  What is the best way to update an INN rpm
using a tar source?

Bill