gpgverify and pgpverify

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Mon Sep 3 09:31:00 UTC 2007

Hi,

Somebody recently wrote me that he did not manage to process some
control articles
It resulted in:
    gpgv: WARNING: signature digest conflict in message

After further investigation, I found out that he was using gpgverify
and that the problem came from attached vs detached signatures
(hmm... always the same problem -- which was fixed in pgpverify 1.23).

Since pgpverify properly handles the use of gpgv and since it is
more maintained (and documented) than gpgverify, I wonder why both
of these programs still remain in INN distribution.
Shouldn't gpgverify be dropped?
Or is there something I am missing?

--
Julien ÉLIE

« On dirait que Bonemine lui a tapé dans l'œil. » (Astérix)