Inn database maintion + other question

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Sep 24 23:58:57 UTC 2007

Gert Koefoed Andersen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Bill Davidsen wrote:
>

>>> What was now the command to maintion and make some update +
>>>
>> run other
>>
>>> thing for inn's database and articles.
>>>
>>> Done by manually processing.
>>>
>>> The other question is:
>>> Where and how can I make INN to let users free ask for a
>>>
>> active group list ?
>>
>>> Without use of password and username.
>>>
>>> The last is if I shall setting sme up for newsreaders to access of
>>> connections nad where to do this and how doing it.
>>>

>> Sounds like what you want is an open server with passwords on
>> certain groups, perhaps "*" in your case. I had something
>> like that to allow read access without auth and r/w with, but
>> I don't remember how I did it. Sorry.
>>

> It is not a open server without password I like to do, it is only open for
> request of a list of active groups, and when the user like to connect for
> the groups and reading the group have there to be both password and
> username.
That's kind of what I said, the list of restricted groups is "*" (all of
them). That allows a few other commands to work, like DATE. Actually, I
think you can do this just using the access file, although you may have
to make one group available read-only, like "about.this.server" or some
such. It's been a while since I did it.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO TMR Associates, Inc