Towards a 2.4.4 release

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 3 17:58:26 UTC 2008

> I have updated libtool to 1.5.26 -- do you think the version 2.2.2
> should be used? (it generates errors with my autoconf but maybe it is
> easy to fix, I have not looked at that)

INN 2.4 uses a very old configure method, doesn't quote things properly,
and has some other configure issues.  I'd be fairly conservative about
updating anything about the build system in 2.4.  2.5 is much cleaner and
much easier to work with.

> I do not know how the LICENSE file should be updated (only years at the
> beginning?).

Yes, just add any years since the previous release to the first copyright
line.