INN 2.4.4 or 2.5?

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sun Apr 6 11:22:49 UTC 2008

Hi Jeff,

>> Do other people similarly think that releasing INN 2.4.4 is worthless and
>> that we should focus our work on INN 2.5 right now and directly releasing
>> INN 2.5 without a final 2.4 release?
>
> No, I think we should continue to do 2.4 releases.

Do you also prefer a 2.4.5 version to a 2.5 afterwards? (that is to say taking
more time to try to implement more features to 2.5 instead of releasing it as-is)

> However, I wouldn't spend a lot of time trying to backport patches from
> the CURRENT branch -- if you see any major bugfixes go ahead, but
> otherwise that might not be the best use of time.

I think major bug fixes are now committed to the 2.4 branch.
I did not try to backport all the POD documentation, new sample files,
some utilities (actsync, docheckgroups, scanlogs, etc.) and other
cosmetical changes or little improvements.
I hope it is fine with that.

I shall submit an updated NEWS file this afternoon.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Tant qu'il y a des marmites, il y a de l'espoir ! » (Astérix)