Enforcing NNTP-Posting-Host

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Tue Apr 15 01:08:01 UTC 2008

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, [utf-8] Julien Ã^ILIE wrote:

> Do you think it is a good idea to allow the setting of NNTP-Posting-Host?

Certainly it shouldn't be supplied by the user.  I suppose if the server
admin wants to supply it, that's fine.

> If yes, what do you think of reusing the addnntppostinghost: parameter
> in inn.conf? (true/false/"something to directly put")

That seems reasonable -- as long as it is inherited properly by
readers.conf access groups (as many inn.conf parameters are) so that it
works well with the virtual* readers.conf settings.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org