INN and md5

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Wed Apr 16 15:14:50 UTC 2008

Hi,

Seeing <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=476186>, it
appears that lib/md5.c cannot be used in a software which is redistributed.

**  Copyright (C) 1990, RSA Data Security, Inc.  All rights reserved.
**
**  License to copy and use this software is granted provided that it is
**  identified as the "RSA Data Security, Inc. MD5 Message-Digest Algorithm"
**  in all material mentioning or referencing this software or this
**  function.
**
**  License is also granted to make and use derivative works provided that
**  such works are identified as "derived from the RSA Data Security,
**  Inc. MD5 Message-Digest Algorithm" in all material mentioning or
**  referencing the derived work.

Should we change that library?  Do you know which other one we should take?
I see that it has been heavily modified from the original implementation.

If we change it, should it be put in INN 2.4.4 too?

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Dans un mois, dans un an, comment souffrirons-nous ? » (Jean Racine)