INN commit: trunk (doc/pod/getlist.pod frontends/getlist.c)

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Mon Apr 28 13:59:22 UTC 2008

Hi,

> Add a -R flag to getlist in order to issue MODE READER.
>
> +=item B<-R>
> +
> +Try to switch to B<nnrpd> with a MODE READER command before issuing the
> +LIST request.  It can be useful in case a feeding access exists for
> +the news server:  more information can be retrieved from B<nnrpd>,
> +compared with B<innd>.

I wonder whether it is the right thing to do (MODE READER in option,
and not "no MODE READER" in option, that is to say always issue
MODE READER unless this flag is given).  The character of the flag
can be changed too if you prefer another one.

It currently does that:

15:57 news at news ~/work/inn/trunk/frontends% ./getlist distributions
getlist: unexpected server response: 501 Bad subcommand

15:57 news at news ~/work/inn/trunk/frontends% ./getlist -R distributions
fr      Local to France.

15:57 news at news ~/work/inn/trunk/frontends% ./getlist active.times 'news.*'
getlist: unexpected server response: 501 Bad subcommand

15:57 news at news ~/work/inn/trunk/frontends% ./getlist -R active.times 'news.*'
news.admin.hierarchies 1177654297 usenet
news.software.nntp 1177654298 usenet
news.lists.misc 1177654298 usenet
news.lists.filters 1191149103 usenet

--