Empty line after headers

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sun Aug 24 09:21:43 UTC 2008

Hi Russ,

>> art = SMretrieve(token, RETR_HEAD);
>>
>> returns the header *with* the empty line at its end.
>> Therefore, the result of the HEAD command is not RFC-compliant.
>>
>> Or I could fix the return of SMretrieve directly.  But I do not know
>> the impact it will trigger off...
>
> I would do this but only in 2.5 and see if it breaks anything.  It
> shouldn't, but....

Done directly at the source of SMretrieve.
I saw that the four storage methods use wire_findbody() which either
returns NULL (therefore no article is then returned by the four
storage methods) or an article whose length is at least 5
(\r\n.\r\n) and the start of its body at least 2.

I have just tested HEAD with the four methods and the return is now fine :)

HEAD <g72fo6$5mr$1 at news.trigofacile.com>
221 0 <g72fo6$5mr$1 at news.trigofacile.com>
.
ARTICLE <g72fo6$5mr$1 at news.trigofacile.com>
401 MODE-READER

Great!

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Ce sont vos uniones, pas les miens ! » (Astérix)