AUTHINFO SIMPLE and PASS

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Tue Aug 26 20:50:31 UTC 2008

Hi Russ,

> It would make sense if it were intended to allow people to issue AUTHINFO
> USER/PASS after successful AUTHINFO GENERIC and have it still work if they
> use the same password (working around broken clients, maybe).

I found that in INN 2.3:

        if (innconf->nnrpperlauth) {
                [...]
                /* save these values in case you need them later */
                strcpy(PERMuser, User);
                strcpy(PERMpass, Password);

after a successful match.  The same thing is done for Python.

But the fact is that the same code will be executed so Perl/Python will
answer again (like what happens for AUTHINFO GENERIC).

Nothing more in INN 2.0 and even 1.5.1; well, still a mystery!

Never mind.

> I think you can take out PERMpass at this point.

Done.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« C'est le vin des vins ! il est pétillant, et on s'en sert
  pour les grandes occasions ! Baptiser les galères par exemple... » (Astérix)