UTF-8 encoding in replies

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Thu Aug 28 06:56:05 UTC 2008

Hi Russ,

>> I also see that we have to cut the display of ${INN_VERSION_STRING}
>> in the answers because the administrator can put a very long string.
>> It can be done during the printf() reply.
>
> I wonder if the best way to deal with this is just with documentation.
> You have to edit the Makefile to change this anyway, IIRC, and we can make
> it clear in the comment that if you do something stupid, your server won't
> comply with the protocol.

Yes, you're right.  It is probably the easiest thing to do.

We cannot be responsible for manual editing of the Makefile and
the source code (one could change NNTP return codes and says his INN
does not comply with the protocol -- too bad for him).

--
Julien ÉLIE

« -- Nous voyageons plus vite que la lumière !
  -- Alors comment y voir clair dans tout ça ? » (Astérix)