INN maintenance and facing reality

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 15 00:00:51 UTC 2008

> control.ctl.local is not useful for the encoding support.
> It was for another thing:  allowing people to override control.ctl without
> editing it.  This way, they can just download new versions of control.ctl
> and keep their local changes to control.ctl and their additions elsewhere.

Oh!  Right.  Yeah, that seems like a fine idea.  (Probably best to open a
ticket for it.)

I think this doesn't permit opt-in instead of opt-out, right?  In other
words, if you want the control.ctl rules but just for a few hierarchies,
control.ctl.local doesn't help with that particularly smoothly, right?