A few notes about NNTP compliance

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sat Dec 27 10:01:17 UTC 2008

Hi Russ,

> compliance-nntp was another sort of ad-hoc to-do list that I was using
> because we didn't have a real bug-tracking system.  At this point, I think
> it's best to put everything into Trac.  This might be a good place to use
> the Trac keyword capability and tag all these with compliance or rfc3977
> or whatever seems best (I'd probably lean towards compliance), which will
> make it easy to craft a search that returns all known compliance issues
> and hence basically replaces that document.

I have just removed doc/compliance-nntp from Subversion.

It is true that Trac is far better for that use.  As suggested, the "compliance"
keyword is used so as to mark such tickets.

I added a Trac report to the web site.  It is easier to follow!

    http://inn.eyrie.org/trac/report/9

It lists all active tickets and won't fix tickets related to INN's compliance
with NNTP standards and the format of Usenet articles.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« -- Tu parles ?
  -- Tu parles ! » (Astérix)